Monday, September 07, 2020

Walkthrough Archeology

 

So, in last week's news, I have been working quite a bit on the walkthrough. Turns out there were quite a few things that could be improved in the older sections, so I spent more time than I'd care to admit changing things here and there (having to re-tread years old quests takes some extra time), hopefully improving readability and giving more information on certain quests.
 
Next I did work on the adventurers guild quest. I think I am almost finished with the puzzles (just need to figure out one last bit), the dialogues are at a decent point and the mapping is finished as well. I just need to decide whether or not I want combat in the quest. Maybe I can have combat which is avoidable if you figure out a way to avoid the confrontation.
 
I did a tiny bit of work on the visit to Lord Kairos, but mostly I have been considering the overall structure, and if I want to add more content to it. It feels like there should be something like 3-4 scenes and a bad ending if you go along with him, but I also need to figure out what I want to happen if you refuse him (probably I need a noble quest at court, where he can be a nuisance). I also need to figure out what to do with his son. Like, do I want you to flirt around with both, or should it be mutually exclusive? I can probably figure that out after I finish the encounter with his father. I should probably also separate the event into multiple visits, if you keep being "nice" to him.
 
Anyway, that's the recap for the week. I am a bit disappointed I didn't do as much progress as I wanted to with Lord Kairos, but it is what it is. Nailing most of the details for the quest and its puzzles is still a good thing, so I should be happy about that, instead.
 
That's all for today, stay tuned for more irrelevant tangents and vague info about the game! See you next week! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I think there should be 2 bad ends, one for the lord and one for the son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the lord should have his own bad ending, 100%. As for the son, it might depend on how I handle the situation. I expect he'll be the sub in the relationship for once, so maybe I can write things out to not require a bad end.

      I'll need to think hard about it, since I like to avoid dead ends when possible, but it's always more work to leave things open.

      Delete