Monday, October 07, 2019

A Sleepy Village... Or Is It?

I am still toiling away at the main quest. I am pretty happy with the map for the new town (where this part of the quest will take place). It's small, but it plays well with the mechanic I have in mind (it needed a bit of a maze-like structure to work, and I feel like I achieved it without making it disorienting). There is also some more traditional gameplay past the first section, with some "platforming" and some spells thrown in. The interiors are coming well together too, and so are the basic NPCs.



This one above is a pic from within the editor, so you can see invisible events as well, plus some details are still subject to change. I think this map is ideal for hiding secrets, so I should try my best to add a few here and there. ^_^

Most of the action will take place indoor for the quest, however, and I can't show you that one yet (plus, I think that would be spoiler-y, most likely). I have yet to decide how many buildings I want you to be able to visit. Maybe I'll keep this release strictly main-quest related, and add some side content and more NPCs to talk with later on.

I am unsure if I'll be able to complete this section in its entirety for the release, but I'll do my best. The main issue is that there is a fork here based on your previous behaviour, so I need to take some extra steps when designing the whole thing. Speaking of release, I think I'll be aiming for a release on the 18th-20th of the month, but I'll keep it flexible to try and finish things up.

Anyway, not much else to report. I already anticipated the focus of the update in the previous posts, saying more would ruin the surprise. I think this should feel like a small temple, in a sense, once I am done with all the details. I'll probably need to ask my testers with some help to better polish some of the ideas, but I am in a good spot overall.

I'll see you guys next week with another summary, stay tuned! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment