Monday, October 14, 2019

A Fistful of Puzzles

Did I use this title before? Oh well, it doesn't matter. I have been working on a few puzzles (they should be all that is needed in the "normal" path), I have almost finished with the map for the location (I need a few more details in one of the floors and then it's just NPC placement that is left to do).
 
I have prepared a couple of combat encounters for this, and now I am trying to see if I can add a way to skip the first fight (I already have an idea for it, I just have to think how I can give a hint without being too obvious). I need to write some cutscenes still, but I think most of the work has been done.
 
There are a few things that should come into play, so I'll have to tackle a few variations and paths, but it shouldn't be an unreasonable task. I figure I should aim for the 21st as the release date, so that I am not rushed. I did do some other miscellaneous work but that's for the last chapter (the usual boring stuff like finding/selecting sprites and tilesets). I also fixed a couple of bugs, so that's always good.
 
I guess I should still hurry a little, so that I can give the testers a version to try with enough spare time to make fixes and adjustments, but that's really the only pressing concern at the moment. I was worried, because I got stuck on one particular puzzle for a while, but I think the progress was still fairly good, all in all.
 
Anyway, that's it for the week, so I won't keep you any longer. Have fun! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment