Monday, September 30, 2019

Setting The Stage

So, as I mentioned, I wrote a new scene with Alec, wrote the usual transition for the new chapter, and advanced uncle's search. We get a scene with professor Kendar, that gives you some solid lead on where to go. This last scene also includes a bit about a plot twist revolving around the emperor as you get some surprising news during it.
 
I am actually debating if I should keep this part out of the game for the moment, however, and wait until I can focus more on it, since it's a bit complicated, and I feel like it would be better served with an extra quest before it, so that I can foreshadow more things, and better introduce some facts and NPCs. I also created a new map, which I guess I could use in this hypothetical quest (it's a nice part of the tileset, and I feel it would be a waste if I didn't use it).
 
I think next I should create the town where you need to go for your uncle's quest. Originally, I wanted to have it be the coastal town you can see north of Rahib, but now I am wondering if I should move it on an island, and perhaps giving some importance to procuring a ship. I feel like I really neglected vehicles in both the gameplay and the world map design so far, but maybe that's not a good reason to change an old plan I had for a while.
 
Anyway, I have a few interesting ideas for this part of the game, so I hope people will like the various forks in the story, the mechanics and the characters they'll get to see. ^_^
 
Other than this, I don't think there is much else to say (or at least, nothing that wouldn't force me to go into details, and spoil parts of the game). As always, ask me anything you can think of in the comments. Until next time! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment