Saturday, September 17, 2016

I need you!! (to tell me your opinion about a title screen)

Edit:

Thanks to everyone for partecipating in the poll and sharing your thoughts on the matter. Since there wasn't a win by a landslide by either of the two, I'll pick image 2 and try to improve it a bit, since it was the one I originally used. I am kind of surprised the two were so close to each other, I thought they were different enough that a more definitive result would have come out, but people were pretty divided on the matter. Well, I hope people won't start puking once the title screen loads and my work shows up. ^_^

Original post:

So, the game is getting its final touches. Among those, I need to settle down for a title screen.

Here are the two I would like an opinion on (do let me know about the title itself too, even if it's a temporary one):

 Image 1
Image 2

So, here are the choices. If you want to share your thoughts in detail, feel free to leave a comment below. The poll will be up on the sidebar, I'll leave it there for a few days (a week seems too much, but we'll see).

Thanks for reading this, and if you decide to, for sharing your thoughts. ^_^





18 comments:

  1. I like Image 1 purely on the colours being the same. It seems to be part of the image more than image 2, which seems quite separate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree, but i prefer the font in image 2

      Delete
  2. I like the styling of image 1, but the coloring on the second one is nice. I think if you recolor the subtitle on image 1 to red it would look best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Image one would be my preference I find the red text in two slightly irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second one looks better. Maybe add some glow.
    And you could pick a background thats not from default rpg maker resources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First one looks better, The second image comes off as to much 'beginner Photoshop' if that makes sense. The lettering is far to bold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second one is easier to read and is sharper. personally the first one (the lettering) comes off as cartoonish and the background isn't as sharp but that's just my opinion. not sure what kind of look your going for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I much prefer the second one, as it's much easier to read, which makes it look more professional.

    As for the title itself, it's serviceable. I cannot comment how well it fits without having played the game, I'm afraid. : P

    ReplyDelete
  8. For people wondering about certain stuff:

    Things like color and the outline can easily be changed for both. The second one got a really thick outline because it got complaints about readability at first.I wanted the title screen to convey right away the magic and adventure elements of the game, with a touch of darkness. pretty simple, and the stock background seemed decent enough in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find the red a little to jarring,but I do rather like the fonts in number 2, for being easier to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer image 1 by far, the text in image 2 looks cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dull yellow on the first image is easier on the eyes. The bright red and yellow give a very "First webpages made in the 90's" vibe.
    Font on the first one is too cartoony though

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Shapeshifer's
    Legacy
    Feels really clumsy, like I'm stuttering out the last line

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's up with you and overcomplicated titles? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, The shapeshifter's legacy is just the subtitle, so just pretend it doesn't exist. XD

      Delete
  14. The first one, with maybe some tweaking like kerning & tracking.
    The fonts in the second image are... well, Papyrus is just plain awful (albeit not as bad as Comic Sans -shivers-).

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Font on image 2 seems more readable.

    That said, i think i like the style on image 1 more... go figure... :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Image 2 is ok (except the OMG red text to much bleeding), and Image 1 is only slightly better. You need to use an old English type script font or something for the Caliross in Image 1 to offset the font use in the rest; this would set and architect making the Caliross your first focus. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete