Thursday, September 29, 2016

PSA: launch delay

Since this week has seen a mix of issues, I am delaying the game launch. I already uploaded the game file, actually, so other than some minor work on the Patreon page, everything is ready, but since my head isn't into it, I opted to wait for a bit, since I'd like to be able to focus on the launch, when I start working on this. Sorry for the delayed post as well, but originally I was expecting to just announce the launch, so I was waiting until everything lined up, before changing my mind.

I guess everything will have to wait until next week, so until then. ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Take all the time you need mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only get one chance to make a good first impression ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I am not worried about the game itself (it should be enough to show what I want to do and be a fun demo), but I want to have time to also deal with bug reports, answer questions promptly, and so on, so I decided to wait a bit more and get everything sorted out. I am honestly a bit nervous, as donations are a completely different beast from having a Patreon, so I am trying to do things in the best way possible.

      Delete
    2. To be honest I'm wondering how well will your Patreon do. On one hand you made some complete games and they were quite fun to play, but on the other sometimes people are supporting the projects that doesn't deserve much attention (in my opinion), while the others, which are very good are mostly ignored (Natali's Dragon Throne is the first thing that come to my mind).
      Anyway I hope that your Patreon will achieve success and you'll make more awesome games!

      Delete
    3. That's a worry I have as well, but my goal here isn't to fund the game, but to possibly earn some extra money to make my life easier (I am having some significant issues as far as money is concerned). If things just don't work out, I can keep doing things the way I always did (although I don't know how much time I'll be able to devote to it).

      There is a lot that goes into being successful on Patreon, be it luck, presentation, timing, fame, support from others, well planned reveal, etc, but yes, whether your game is good or not isn't really the only reason, far from it.

      Delete