Friday, August 16, 2013

Another day, another quest

I finished the quest I was working on last week (I have yet to test it, though). Then I remembered a small thing I should have done for the release, but I completely forgot: adding at least some scenes when you visit Verania a second time after the main quest there is finished. It won't be a lot, but it will serve as foreshadowing for how the planet will change in chapter 2, depending on how you played. Once I am done, I will do the same for the Florence station (it will be easier, since that part of the quest has a single outcome). After this, I will add a follow up to the photoshoot job (I think a lot of people are waiting for this one, if I remember the number of times I was asked about it correctly). Then it should be another side quest, and then I'll see what to do next (my plans only go this far, I think this will keep me busy for some time, anyway).



This should be it, as far as the game goes. I could have probably done a bit more, but I got side-tracked a lot this week, so I'll have to find myself content with what I have got. Moving onto more positive things, here is my despicable, inept anime review of the week. Today, we are going to talk about Golden Boy!

The intro sets a tone which is actually completely different from the actual anime

The series follows the adventures of Kintaro Oe, an incredibly talented guy with a weakness for beautiful women, and a tendency to daydream. Most of the times, his troubles spawn from those traits of his, as he either gets manipulated by women, does something stupid as he is busy oggling/hitting on/trying to impress them  , or because he got distracted by his own fantasies. He also has a certain tendency to sound dramatic, which only adds to the terrible first impressions he leaves on others. The series doesn't take itself seriously at all, but it's loads of fun, the gags are really hilarious (although I can't speak for the english dub, as always), and despite playing a lot of tropes straight, I think it's worth watching (it can be pervy at times, but I assume it isn't a problem, if you are reading this blog ^_^). The only really big fault with it is that it's unfinished (the manga itself was cut short by the publisher, and despite rumors of a possible sequel, the manga is a bit old by now, and nothing really happened so far).

And I guess that's all, folks! Until next week!

13 comments:

  1. Ciao MDQP!

    First the Manga does goes far than the series but into Doujin and then Hentai. I read Golden Boy till the 33 Volume or so a couple of years ago, and it's still ongoing. Here

    http://mangafox.me/manga/golden_boy/

    The thing is that the author transformed the manga from its previous goofy aspect into a more dark and mature manga little by little. There is some seinen aspect (The whole learning thing) before becoming more mature and erotic...

    Have fun reading it! ;D

    Hugs and Kisses Alectra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it have just 10 volumes? It was discontinued, so I don't know if I'll actually read it, I am the kind of guy who needs closure (I didn't know the anime ended just like that, when I started watching it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered with it).

      Still, it's good to know that the option is there! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I tried the new version on two seperate pc's - it would not work on either one. One is windows xp service pack 2 with rags suite installed. The other is windows 7 the 64 bit edition with a fresh rags install of the latest version. I also tried the web based version in firefox, IE 8.0 and google chrome browser. Could not get that to work either =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see: Do you have the 2.4.14 version of RAGS installed? Did you use the exe file to install it? Apparently using the msi version can give problems. Did you try downloading the game a second time?

      As for the web version, I am now getting the same problem too, for some reason (maybe it got corrupted when I uploaded it?). Let me know if the suggestions above work for you.

      Delete
    2. Just a heads up: the problem with the web version might be an issue with the designer itself, nothing I can do about it, unfortunately.

      Delete
    3. I did use the .exe version to do the install for RAGS, as for the exact version number, I went directly to the rags website from the link you provide and downloaded the 2.4.0.0 marked version. There is no 2.4.14 version available on the website? Unless it is just marked incorrectly on their website and the one they have marked as 2.4.0.0 is really 2.4.14?

      I will try downloading the game again, Perhaps that will work.

      Delete
    4. You may want to consider putting a link on your blog to the proper version of rags needed to play the game. From just going to the rags website as it is currently linked there is no listing for the 2.4.14 version. Thank you for putting the link to the beta version into the comments here =) But anyone who does not read the comments may have a lot of trouble getting your game to run properly without easy access to the proper version.

      I am anxious to test out the 'easy mode'. Some of the puzzles in the game can be a bit frustrating to get through. Providing better accessibility to the content for those who want it is a nice addition. Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  3. First time here, but when trying to launch the game it keeps crashing while trying to load the data. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that the RAGs site only has 2.4 for download (or maybe its 2.4.14 and just doesnt say it?) or if something is wrong with the download itself.

    Also dont know if this helps but this is what comes up as the error:

    Description:
    Stopped working

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: rags.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 2.4.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 5027301d
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 517a1c71
    Problem Signature 07: 9c
    Problem Signature 08: 1d
    Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2.4.14 version is still in beta, so you can't find it in the "download section". Here is a link to the thread where you can find it:

      http://www.ragsgame.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=894&start=20

      Just scroll down the comments for a while, and you should find it. Using the .msi is better than using the .exe, some people reported problems with the latter.

      Delete
    2. oh it is beta only? Well that sucks. They should have a link to it available in the main download section if they want people to be able to use it..

      Delete
    3. Yes, it's still in beta. I assumed he (the creator of RAGS) would release an official update soon, but he suddenly stopped updating RAGS, and it's been a few months without any words about a new version. You are probably right, I should link directly to the 2.4.14 version, to avoid problems (it has proved to be stable enough so far, so I am not too worried).

      I am sorry to hear you find some of the puzzles frustrating, can you tell me which ones and what bothers you about them?

      Delete
  4. It's Golden Boy! MY QUEEN! XD
    Gods, The Pretender meets hentai..

    Thanks for the hard work!

    ReplyDelete