Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Thanks A Lot, Microsoft!

As you probably know if you saw my previous post on Patreon, it seems like Caliross (and various RPG Maker games in general) have been screwed over by a windows 11 update, causing crashes and whatnot. I wasted a LOT of time trying to figure out what was going on, coming up with bizarre theories as to what might be the problem, only to learn I did nothing wrong.

I did manage to do some work on TOTDC 2 still, and at this point I think I finished working on the basics for what should be inside the ship (dialogues with your crew, some activities, room exploration and so on). There is still more I want to add to the game, but that will happen through regular development over time, it doesn't need to be included right away.

Having to work on a sequel which directly uses your choices from the previous game means there is always some extra work in the form of direct consequences or simply things to consider in the long term, plus stuff like trying to have new character arcs while keeping in mind where we left off. Piper, for example, can be your girlfriend (or not) and have become a bit more independent personality-wise (or not), and that means some changes already if you go talk to her (it's small stuff, but it has to be there). I expect things to get easier once we reach full speed and I don't have to think too hard about those things as they "solidify" in the setting.

Anyway, hopefully I don't get derailed by a big corporation this week as well (XD), and I'll see you all next time! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment