Monday, May 10, 2021

Ars Demonica

 

So, this week I focused mainly on chapter 6 of the game. Sadly it's not finished yet (after all I am still working on it as I focus on finishing other parts of the game), but there is a coherent first part to the adventure now. I have decided to let it take place indoor for the most part, (although I'll show what the city looks like in a CG with Erica looking over it from a balcony). I am still unsure if I want to have one or two outside areas explorable, however, since I feel people might like that.

Anyway, some puzzles/obstacles are in place, some bits of lore and so on. Still playing around with the various tilesets I have to improve the overall look and offer a few things new and unique to the area, to make it feel appropriately grandiose for the finale.

I think I'll release the update at the start of next week, hopefully monday/tuesday, and this weekend should be left to the testers to chase bugs and whatnot. Speaking of which, I fixed a small dialogue bug in Golden Leaf (you could be addressed as countess before becoming one).

This week, I'll try to write the final scene for Eliza, and then it's going to be a "whatever I can add to the game" race as I try to get things ready for release, as usual.

I think this is pretty much it for today. If you are a patron, take a look at the art preview if you haven't already, and we should also get another little peek at TOTDC 2's art in the coming days, if I don't forget. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment