Monday, November 25, 2019

Taking Care of the Chores

Since the last update, I fixed a few more bugs (there might be a hotfix, but I am waiting just in case more issues pop up), and I started working on some of the boring stuff for chapter 6 (putting together the tilesets, tweaking them if necessary, and adding them to the game).
 
I don't have a tileset that fits what I want perfectly, so I might waste some time to patch what I need together. Also, I recently replayed Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, and I feel like I'd want something that inspires the same sense of dread and decay for the first part of chapter 6, so I am trying to nail down that depressing, greenish look and lifeless landscape. Well, it will just be for a relatively small part of the game, so I probably shouldn't obsess too much on the details.
 
By the way, I can't remember if I mentioned this before to you guys, but I am considering alternating months between Caliross and TOTDC 2, once I have the demo ready. The reason is that I'd like to ease the transition between the two games, and to get more time to think about feedback early on. Another advantage would be that I probably will keep the same amount of monthly CGs added for Caliross, so I can cover a bit more of the holes still in the game.
 
Of course, this would slow down the final stretch a bit, but I hope that having time to think about the design without the pressure of adding content for that game in the "off" months will reduce the impact.
 
Do let me know if you guys would mind this. I'd like to think that it's not a big deal, but of course this is different for me compared to you guys, so you might have a different perspective on the matter.
 
Anyway, that's all for today, let me know if I am forgetting anything, and stay tuned! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment