Sunday, November 29, 2015

This time around, it wasn't my fault!

My ISP must have done something really wrong yesterday, and I found myself without any internet connection for the second half of the day. Thankfully, I didn't need to do any picture hunting yesterday, and most importantly, I made good progress last week. The second section of the quest is completely done now, so all that is left is part 3, and then the endings/slave paths. As I mentioned before, this last part should be shorter, I want the quest to be interesting, but not huge. Interestingly enough, I figured out how to have a "stealth path" in the quest, so now if you play your cards right, there is a chance you won't fire a single shot before the "final boss" (and if you end up on one of the slave paths, you could in theory avoid ALL the fights). It's hard to do, though, but I feel like it's a nice touch. I still have to see how balanced the fights are, but that will have to wait until I actually test the quest myself, for now the stats are kind of generic. I started doing the preliminary work on part 3 (putting together the map, considering traps/encounter placement, etc). There is probably going to be a secret down here, to give players who have explored the maps throughly an extra edge in the final fight, but that's probably all I can say about it without spoiling anything (well, maybe I can add that if you don't do a good job at being stealthy, you'll get one more tough fight before the boss :p).

All in all, I might still need to polish up a few things here and there when I get back to it, but the quest is already fairly interesting, I think, I am getting to the point where I feel satisfied with the overall design, which is a good sign. Anyway, this is all for now, see you guys next week! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment