Wednesday, October 03, 2012

It's not you, it's me.

I mean, the one working on the game, of course! :p

I have been adding some minor stuff related to the current side-quest I am working on (extranet results, some dialogue for a few NPCs) and some bigger stuff (a few scenes, mainly). The quest should have a "pick your own path" kind of gameplay, as you try to reach the final goal within the time limit (your choices and your traits affect how much time you waste to overcome certain obstacles). I also threw in a new gameplay mechanic I mentioned in previous posts, but I decided to leave it for a single event in the quest (creating multiple versions would give me a lot of work to do on pictures, and I don't feel it's worth the effort). I have got more or less everything planned, and most of the quest is done, so I would say that things are going smoothly, overall.

Once I am done, I'll have to go back to the relationship system, and see what I want to do with it next.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting.

    When can expect a new Release *wants to play*. We are craving for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to keep you interested, that's the whole point of keeping a blog in the first place, after all. :)

      I promised myself I wouldn't have release dates anymore, after I botched one rather spectacularly (I still feel embarassed whenever I think about it). I can tell you, though, that it will be a while. There is a lot of stuff to do, even if I keep things simple:

      do something more on the relationship system with Malena;

      add the WHOLE Piper's romance;

      work on the quests I left unfinished (even if I didn't want to finish all of them, at least 3-4 of them should be addressed, since people voted for me to work on them, and also because they are only going to pile up like this...);

      possibly, add another section of the main quest (I mean, people are going to want something more on that, sooner or later), which involves at least a mid-sized planet, a main quest, and a couple of side quests.

      The relationship/dating system took more time than it should have, that's for sure. I hope I can regain some ground, but sorting all this stuff is going to take a while, regardless.

      Depending on how big the quests I add are going to be, things might go a lot faster or slower.

      Delete