Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Quest Quota Qomplete

 Hi guys! I have been hard at work on the new quest. For those curious, the idea behind is that of a threat to Golden Leaf, and organizing your response to the menace. We get an intro (which will have a few elements change based on things you have done in the past), and then my idea is to have 4 "events" around town, as you try to repel the threat.

Each event should have its own mechanics, or at least some unique elements. I have been preparing tweaked copies of various areas of Golden Leaf, as I adapt them for the kind of ideas I have. Currently one area has progressed the most, since I had the clearest idea for its gameplay, but hopefully I can bring the rest up to the same level soon. Progress is still spread around a bit, as I try to use my time as best as I can, but that's just how it is at this stage. I haven't planned the consequences in full yet, but I think failing any of the events will fail the quest and result in a hit to Golden Leaf's prosperity as a result. There is also one extra failure point (which I think I'll keep for the final event), which does result in a bad end and something "spicy" (you actually saw the art for it a while ago, if you follow the patrons-only monthly art previews).

I didn't find the time to write scenes or anything smaller, but it might happen in the coming weeks, especially if I feel the need for a break from the quest itself.

Anyway, that's about it. A mix of mapping, writing and planning for the quest kept me busy last week, and I expect it's going to be more or less the same this week and the next. Make sure to ask any questions I didn't answer you might have, and see you guys next time! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment