Monday, April 08, 2024

The Ghost of Week Past

 

Last week I didn't write a dev blog (didn't seem worthwhile, that close to the release), but of course we are back to give you guys an idea of what's going on.

So far, I fixed a bug with the chess mini-quest (it wouldn't count reading the book properly, thus making it impossible to beat the general), I also fixed an issue with one of the scripts I am using (I believe it could rarely cause crashes, although I only had one report of this and couldn't trigger the issue myself).

Then I moved on to some miscellanous stuff: the haste amulet now doesn't prevent spellcasting outside of combat (so players don't have to switch out of it for puzzle solving), I added a section for the Outcasts to the ending slideshow (art still pending) and I tweaked the random scene in Tarkas where you meet the Outcast who gave you Marintas's charm (assuming you have it, of course): now the dialogue will reflect the outcome of the questline if you completed it, and I introduced a few minor improvements to the presentation of the scene.

I also started working on some Alec content, but since it required a new map first I didn't get to write any new scenes just yet.

The idea for the month is to keep writing some scenes and tackle other secondary elements I should include in the game as I make more progress on the final quest for Golden Leaf, getting enough work done to ensure I can eventually release it a month or two from now (depending on how much progress I make on it versus how much work I do on the QoL/secondary scenes side of things).

This week we should also get the monthly patrons-only polls and art preview, and I think that's all I have to report for now. As always, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Until next time! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment