Monday, November 06, 2023

Do You Need A Map?

 

So, this week I worked on the Outcasts quest, as I mentioned before. I made decent progress planning things out, and I started working on the maps for it. It still needs significant work, though, so as I mentioned I won't be focusing on it for the rest of the month.

Since I was working with maps, I also improved some of the old ones (specifically, the outdoors maps for Tarkas's countryside). Now they look nicer, and they don't have the ugly black nothingness around them anymore (keep an eye out for potential bugs, since the process *can* cause some issues if I miss something). I also added a couple of minor secrets, because the area is quite large overall, so having a few small rewards seems right (those will be low impact, since it's an area of the game you can stumble upon early on).

Finally, I fixed a couple of bugs, and added to the schedule the option to stay/return home (which I think makes a lot of sense). I wonder if I should add the option to go to the farm as well (it's a bit complicated, because of how that path functions, but maybe it's worthwhile).

Coming up this week, we should have a Marjorie scene, a customed party in our house in Rahib (probably tied to Sole and Luna), and then I might actually work on more Rahib-related stuff, since it's been a while and there are a couple of characters which need a tiny bit more content. Either that or more content for the magic academy, as finishing that one is still the top priority.

And that, as they say, is that. We should get our patrons-only monthly poll and art preview soon-ish, so keep an eye out if you are interested in those. Until next time! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment