Monday, July 13, 2020

Snail Week

This was a pretty awful week, as far as progress goes. The new event to become a werewolf is finished (there are even some optional sexy bits), but I wasted ungodly amounts of time on it, re-writing this and that until I was finally satisfied.
 
I also spent a significant chunk of time working on the tileset for the game's final chapter (chopping and attaching together anything I thought could be useful from various tilesets). I am still coming up a bit short for the external sections, so I am considering commissioning some stuff. I do think it's almost good, so maybe I won't have to, but we'll see. I started experimenting in some maps, to check the overall effect, so maybe I just need to persevere.
 
I wrote a new scene for the ponygirl path. If I play my cards right, I might end the path with another 1-2 scenes, but I'll see what people think about it.
 
Finally, I did some work on the short story. I expect to update the game this week, which means the short story should be ready for that as well.
 
Other than this, not much has happened. I tried to recover some time working the weekend, but things just didn't line up. >_<
 
I released the test version to the testers, so I'll devote this last week to bugfixes and last minute changes, as usual. I think this release still has some interesting stuff in it, despite the slow week, so I hope you are looking forward to it. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Hey it's been too long since I posted a question here mate.
    Hope you're doing well, and I hope to see how things progress on Caliross, wanted to ask if you had any concept work planned out for TOTDC 2 in the near future. I did look at some stuff you did earlier, but after that I haven't had the opportunity to search for more info on your future plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Personally everything is fine, thank you for asking. :)

      Sadly, me and the artist I was working with have parted ways (without going into too much details, he had lost motivation in the project). Now I am looking for someone else. Actually, if you have suggestions for an artist, they are very much welcome.

      Currently I am not doing much work on TOTDC 2 at all, since I am looking for another artist and without visuals it's hard to make progress at times (it's also harder to put effort into the game when I can't advance all that much). On the technical side I think I am at a good point, but there are still many things I need to add (I have an extranet system, but I need to copy the old entries from TOTDC 1, and I still need to get around adding a quest log, to name a couple of things).

      Delete
    2. Alright, well I know places you might find artists for work. A lot of new starting artists who focus on adult work are usually found on Hentai Foundry. A lot of big names started out there like Devil HS. I could ask people there.
      As for others personally don't know a ton of independent artists who would do full adult work, I could check on DeviantArt, but the wells gone somewhat dry thanks to DA's stupid policies, Twitter might be another place, but I have a bad experience there so I won't recommend.

      Delete
    3. Yeah that's where I usually look as well. I recently got in contact with a group of artists, (Moulin Rouge/Moulin Brush), and things might be moving again (I still need to get into the first commission, so I don't want to get my hopes up yet).

      Delete