Sunday, December 21, 2014

Weekly update!

So, Christmas is getting close, so happy holidays, everyone! I almost managed to miss the first weekly update I was planning on writing, due to some issues with my ISP, but thankfully everything is fine, and I avoided missing even such an humble goal.

Anyway, Things are going at their usual pace on Darenzia's side quest. A lot of picture hunting (I swear it, the most annoying thing to search for are office images, I had to use so many of them over time, it's hard to keep track, and find something that fits the setting, from time to time), deciding on the characters, the map (I would like a medium-sized map to explore, but I am having some troubles coming up with "proper" rooms to use, given the location I am using), some writing beyond the intro and some basic logic put in place for the gameplay. A steady pace for now, hopefully I can come up with some interesting stuff for the map, as I would really like to avoid it feeling "flat", as RAGS maps often do. Nothing much to report beyond this, you'll have to wait until I get more done, before getting more details. :p


On the donation side, I got 30€ from aScanner darkly (thank you a lot for the donation!), which is already threatened by the existance of Steam's sales. I'll try to hang on to them, but it might be hard. XD

And this should be about it for this week, no big events in my life, and I firmly believe that no news is good news, in that regard. As always, let me know if I forgot something, otherwise, see you in a week! ^_^

14 comments:

  1. Happy Solstice!
    Good to see activity. :\ Now go and poke asmina with a stick and tell her to update the Verse blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! +1 to this. ;)
      --Anon, er, Anon +1... :| Hrm, sorry, brain not working. Nothing clever here...

      Delete
    2. Eh, if I poking with a stick was enough, I am sure we would already see her back at work on the game. I guess we just have to wait patiently, and hope she has enough spare time to work on The Verse. :)

      Delete
  2. ��
    We are the Anonymouse.

    All your comments are belong to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean this?

      http://anonymouse.org/

      Delete
    2. Nah my unicode emonji died after posting and got replaced with '��' :(

      Delete
    3. Emonji foiled by blogger, once again! XD

      Delete
  3. *Raises hand* I have a question.

    I heard somewhere about getting your very own combat drone. How do I go about getting a shiny combat drone of my very own... or is it just a horrible, despicable rumor by some very, very bad people?

    Does it involve Travolta in any way? Or drugs? Or the thing in the cart in the mines? Or the rubber chicken? What *does* the chicken doooooo...? ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken is used for unlocking cluck-fu, a secret technique required to beat the final boss.

      Basically you keep using your crappiest puns until the big bad keels over and then you pound him with the artificial poultry to the beat of Saturday Night Fever.

      Honestly.

      Delete
    2. Let's see... You need 3 parts for the combat drone: One you get by defeating a drone when Mr. Nice Guy captures you, one piece can be found in the mines on Kantor and the last piece can be found in the dark cave on the planet near the Florence station (you need the night vision upgrade to get past the initial are of the cave). Note that you need to try and sell the drone core (the piece you get from destroying Mr. Nice Guy's drone) to Hamlin, before you can try and collect the other parts.

      Delete
    3. Right now the chicken just triggers a Monkey Island reference if you try to sell it to Hamlin.

      Maybe in the future, or maybe in chapter 2, it will finally have a use, who knows? :p

      Delete
    4. Oh really?! I'm going to try this RIGHT now!!! ;D

      Yes, feature that item again in the future--part of the pantaloons set or a component for creating the non-standard and exotic environmental suit for use on the hazardous planets. ;)

      --Pantaloon-wearing Anon

      Delete
    5. That was way cool! To have a little bot doing pop shots at the enemies. Now, if only I can figure out how to get that butler uniform on it and teach it to fetch me drinks... or-or-or! Teach it to record some "live action" footage, hehehe. Combat-wise. For the media. To clear up this nonsense of widespread destruction I cause on the various planets. ;D

      Delete
    6. Are the Pantaloons a BG reference?

      I am sure they don't make butler uniforms for drones, unfortunately.

      Your Holo-glasses can already record video, we are in the future and stuff. ;p

      Delete