Saturday, March 01, 2014

The quest is done!

In case you didn't read the title: THE QUEST IS DONE!!!






Well, there is still testing, balancing, adding extranet entries and so on and so for, but you know how it is, it took way too long, so I am glad I wrapped things up. ^_^


I changed my mind a few times on certain aspects of this final part of the quest, so it will probably benefit greatly from the feedback I get whenever I let my testers try a new version. It's bizarre, to say the least, but hopefully it's fun to play, which is all that matters in the end.


The next step is (as I mentioned before) working on a new NPC and another side-quest, then there is testing and then (hopefully) another public release. I don't have any interesting news to tell you about, though, so this all I have to say as far as the status update is concerned.

No anime this week, as it is late over here and I am a bit tired, to be honest, so feel free to suggest an anime yourself in the comments (but if you mention one of the anime I already talked about, you get -3 to all your charisma rolls for the next 3 months, so don't do that). Keep up the good work (I'll try to do the same... From time to time :p)! Until next time.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Definitely spring, if you are referring to the public release. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Uhm boss, there appear to be some rather entusiastic gay gentlemen jumping all over your update...

    Are you trying to tell us something about the "nature" of this new quest? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing as clever, I am afraid, this is just what you get from searching "party gif" in google! XD

      Considering how Celeste ends up with other women 9 times out of 10, I'd say any message about homosexuality ends up hitting the mark regardless. :P

      Delete
  3. Really looking forward to it, and with the good news that this quest is finished...I just had to donate something again. So yeah, hope for a release in spring and wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, now I am getting a bit embarassed, I doubt I actually deserve that much money, you know?

      By the way, would you be okay if I added the scene we talked about last time in the next release? I am starting to have an idea about how to introduce it, but I doubt it would be ready for this release, and I am not very good at rushing things.

      Delete
    2. No you deserve every cent. I get more entertainment out of these than most fullpriced games, so you deserve something.

      You should take the time you need, never rush something for someone. I mean its been a while since the last public update and I'll be happy for any update, with the scene or without. No problem at all.

      Delete
    3. Stuff like this really makes me think more highly about my game, you know? Maybe it's because I am too close to it, but I see all the problems it has, so I tend to focus on its shortcomings, more than anything else (although I still like making it, regardless of that).

      Anyway, I'll try to make good use of your trust, hopefully you'll find something you like in this release, even if it's not the scene we discussed. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I want to play this game but I can't find a link for it. May I have one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the left side of the blog, there is a list of links (under the title "useful links"). The second one links to the latest version currently available to the public. Have fun playing the game! ;)

      Delete